BARBECUE CHICKEN PITA POCKETS
Ready in 30-60 minutes
Skill Level: Medium
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce
• Fresh baby spinach
• 100g salad cucumber, sliced
• 150g cherry tomatoes, sliced
• 100g cup feta, cubed
• 50g pitted olives
• 50g cup red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
Season chicken thighs evenly with salt, black pepper and paprika, then drizzle with olive oil.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan or grill to medium-high and sear chicken for 4-6 minutes per side.
Use a basting brush to coat chicken with Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes
Remove from the griddle pan and slice or chop into cubes.
Carefully open each pita half and place equal amounts of vegetables, feta and barbecue chicken in each.
Serve immediately with extra Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce for dipping.